Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Baby steps....

When you're on the road to fixing yourself mentally, the last thing you need is to get down on yourself about your physical appearance. Depression sucks the will you have to work out, at least for me it does. So I can admit I've become a little "fluffy" and have added a little extra love around my ass and belly. The last thing I need to do is start beating myself up about it and getting all crazy about doing a bunch of cardio to get fit. Last week was the first week in about 2 months that I worked out 5 days in a row. For some that may not seem like a big accomplishment, but for someone who trained for power lifting competitions and figure shows, that's a huge thing. It's easy to start beating yourself up, to remind yourself how you used to be, how easy it was to get to the gym, eat right and feel good, but for someone dealing with depression, it's not. My goal is to continue working out 5 days a week, take things slow and actually start enjoying working out again, rather than looking at it as a punishment because I've gained a little weight. I remember when I used to love riding my bike, lifting weights and rollerblading. I'm on the road to get o back to that person and learning to be kind to myself in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment