Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Remembering why you're doing a show....

It's pretty easy to forget the reasons why you are doing a show. Everybody has their own. Mine weren't because I wanted to launch a new career, get sponsors and become a pro. Mine were because I didn't want to regret not taking a chance on trying something new. I wanted to be able to put a suit on and be proud of my hard work. It's easy to get so side tracked with all the bullshit that goes along with training for a show, but, if you take a minute to go back to the beginning, you can regroup. I'm not going on that stage for anyone else but myself. The ones that will point out the areas I could improve in are like anonymous keyboard warriors. I don't see them up on stage. I don't see them training 6 days a week, counting macros, and pushing themselves out of their comfort zone. I see myself doing that, and that's what matters. Don't let your surroundings dictate your path on this journey. I have, quite a few times, and I regret that, but, I've got 35 plus days to prove to myself that I can continue to do this. That I am both mentally and physically capable of doing this...I'm remembering the "why" as we all should...

No comments:

Post a Comment