Tuesday, April 7, 2015

38 days out from the stage...yet feeling defeated...

Thirty eight days out from this show, and how am I feeling? A whole range of feelings, but mostly I'm feeling defeated. I'm following the nutrition plan 100% and my training is still going strong, but my head is convinced I am not going to be stage ready. I asked my trainer when do you actually feel like you're ready, and she replied, 2 weeks out you feel okay on your suit but 3 days is when you are ready for the stage. Since I've never done one of these shows, I'm not feeling 100% confident that's right. I have to wonder if it's as simple as being show ready 2 weeks prior, why is there so many people out there that have done this that are all crying and screaming about how hard it is? Am I missing something? Unless something magical happens, I'm feeling like there's some key components I'm missing here. I almost feel like I'm just going through the motions. I'm not sabotaging myself, but my head is really not believing anything my trainer is saying, and that's not good. I look back at the things I have given up: anniversary dinner with the hubby, getting together with friends, celebrating my birthday and in general, having my life consumed by the gym. I'm hoping the sacrifices will be worth it but if they aren't, I am going to be beyond pissed...

No comments:

Post a Comment