Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 4 of 12 week prep for figure show.....

Well...three weeks into this and I am down 6 pounds. My coach tells me this is great...as she actually didn't lose any weight the first three weeks of her own prep for her first show, I'm optimistic, although I am still quite bothered by my ass and legs, but, again, I am assured it will all work in the end. One thing I have found interesting in researching this process is how much people that have done these are not really willing to help others who are starting out. The only way to really get info is to pay for it, and while I can't blame anyone for making a buck, seriously, how fucking hard is it to put together a training program to help others?  The nutrition side of it, I totally get, everyone is different, so really that needs to be customized, but training? Honestly people, share the knowledge....It's like once they've competed, they have to piss on their program so nobody else can use it. It's weird. I think it's like that in a lot of sports, but I've never understood it. When I was power lifting, people would ask me what my training looked like, and I would tell them. Either they're going to follow it, or hybrid it, I don't care, this is what worked for me, and if it helps someone else, awesome.
The fatigue seems to be a little less and although my energy isn't skyrocketing through the ceiling, I am feeling a bit more "even" if that makes sense. What I think you need to prepare yourself for is the mental side of this. you don't realize how much your head can fuck with your progress. It's easy to spiral once that first seed of self doubt sets in, but you need to figure out ways to get yourself from following it down the rabbit hole. I hate to admit it, but I've seen myself become a bit paranoid as well. I think people are looking at me, judging how I look, and doubting I will be able to see this quest through, but it's all in my head. Most people really don't give a shit what I'm doing, they don't know the path I am on. Only I know, and the sooner I get it in my head that I am worthy enough to be on this path, the better it'll be. Find ways to get yourself out of your head, whether it's chilling and binging on Netflix for an afternoon, or sleeping in an extra hour or, for me, it's spending time with my husband and dogs, they keep me grounded. Just don't let your head dictate what path you end up taking, especially 4 weeks into a life changing event you've put off for a few years because of fear.....

No comments:

Post a Comment