Sunday, March 22, 2015

Shopping for a posing suit....

Well...almost five weeks into this, and the inevitable happened: trying on a posing suit. Talk about feeling exposed and not ready for prime time yet! I had so much anxiety leading up to trying one on, that I was making myself sick. Of course we are all our own worse critic, so we see things that others don't. When I got to the place I am buying my suit from for my consultation, I was handed a suit, then, put it on, and walked out waiting to hear the laughter. Truth be told, when I got to the 3 sided mirror, I didn't puke. I was actually a little impressed with how I am progressing. Don't get me wrong, I still have a ways to go, but I am starting to see the hard work I have been putting in start to pay off. My husband was with me, and he was pretty amazed as well, although he's a bit jaded I think ;). When you do look for a posing suit, be smart, do research companies, figure out a budget, think of colors you like and have an idea before you go in. I knew I wanted Kelly green for my color, and I didn't want a bunch of weird patterns, just some bling. Your budget is important as well, suits can really start to add up if you aren't careful. I was comfortable with the $400-$450 range, I knew I was going to get a great suit. I also found out that the heel length of your shoes really doesn't matter, usually they are between 3-5 inches, depending upon the height of the competitor, so you can bet your ass I ordered a pair of 3 inch ones! Now, I'm actually feeling pretty good about where I am on this journey. Remember, don't judge yourself when you try on your suit, it's still 8-9 weeks away from your show, and you will change. Just remember all the hard work you have and continue to put in and believe me, it'll be better than you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment