Thursday, March 19, 2015

Learning to walk in 5 inch heels.....

I'm the girl that spends her days in yoga pants and cross trainers. When I did wear heels, they were wedges, and definitely not super high. Unfortunately, when you are going to do a figure show, you have no choice but to wear what's politely called "stripper shoes", which are clear 5 inch heels. I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal to wear them, but alas, I look like a 5 year old playing dress up with her moms shoes. I shit you not, walking from one point in my kitchen to the sink is an exercise in torture...and my kitchen is not that big. I keep having scenarios go through my head that I fall, and pop up yelling "Superstar" like that SNL character from years ago. I really have to wonder why the hell it's necessary to wear heels that fucking tall, but, until it changes, I need to suck it up. The funny thing, or not so funny if you're me, is my big toe on my right foot literally does not bend, so it's stiff in the shoe and the pressure from standing is killing me so I end up hobbling around like a 90 year old. It would be comical if it weren't happening to me. I would highly recommend that if you are not used to these type of shoes, start wearing them the day you get them, otherwise come showtime, you're gonna have a bad time...for me, I have a new level of respect for any woman or man that wears these things, you really do have to have your shit together otherwise you're going to end up eating the floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment