Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How your head can mess with you while training for a figure show...

Yep..I'm new at this figure show thing. I've lifted weights for over 20 years, eventually getting into power lifting and then decided a new direction was on the menu. Dealing with body issues my whole life isn't something you just get over when you jump into doing a show like this, in fact, in can make things worse for some. When you are aware of what your own flaws are, they can really start to stand out more if you aren't careful. In the cutting phase, you can really start to see your issues arise, and when that happens, you really need to find a way to get out of your head. Don't feed into it. Which is easier said than done, trust me, I know. I know how easy it is when you are already doubting yourself, how you look and how you're feeling to search for things that are going to fuel that negativity. It's easy to start searching other figure show people, to look up transformation stories on bodybuilding.com and compare yourself to their stories. What you need to realize, and what I remind myself every day is this: Everyone of those people had a starting point, many of them are PAID to look like that all the fucking time, they have sponsors to keep, it's their JOB for the love of small animals!! Don't get sucked into it. Remember your own path, why you are doing this and when the negative starts getting stronger, step away for a moment, breathe, re evaluate and get back in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment