Friday, December 5, 2014

Shifting priorities...

Social media has it's place. I love some of the pages I follow for different reasons, perhaps great recipes (which I will attempt in 30 years) training advice, career stuff etc. I've never used it as a medium to gain clients or rack up absurd amounts of friends. Seriously, you have 1200 "friends"? Being more on the private side, I am pretty cautious of who I accept friend requests from, and even if I do, sadly you need to prove to me you deserve to stay there. The entire point of social media, as I have stated in other blogs, is to be SOCIAL! I'm not a big fan of sharing things with people that have absolutely NO interaction with me. No, I'm not expecting you to like everything I post, but seriously, once in a while would be an accomplishment for some people. Basically, it got me thinking, and I've done this before, if you don't interact with me you're gone. I realize people get busy, they have families etc, but it bothers me so this is how I deal with it. I finally got the same way with texting. I removed people in contacts that don't have the courtesy to reply...after months of trying. I have to say, I'm feeling better about things too. With not having these "friends" on FB or the contacts in my list, I'm no longer worried about when or if I'm on anyone's mind. Many people probably won't understand and others may think I'm being immature. The truth is, as I get older, the more open you are to seeing people for who they really are, and I'm choosing not to let those people get a glimpse in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment