Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So much knowledge out there...time to sift through it.

It's astounding how much information there is at the flick of a finger. The computer age opened up a whole new world. Whatever the topic is I can find the answer. While this is great in some aspects, it pretty much blows in others. The amount of information out there on any given topic can blow you away. It can leave you feeling more confused than when you first started researching. This is beyond frustrating and I am at the point where I need to step away from the computer. I love learning new things. I love researching information. I also like to think I am informed on many subjects and open to conversations with those that may not agree with my own opinions. What I started realizing is that when it came to my training or my nutrition, I was walking away feeling like I was doing something that worked great for someone else but made no sense for me. Different things work for different people. You can put the information out there and hope it helps a few people, but you have to realize that at the end of the day, most people are trying to sell you something. I realized this.  So, rather than follow someone else's idea I am morphing it into my own. I am able to pick and choose and I'm liking that. I want to enjoy training again. I want to not be afraid of carbs or fat. I want to see what works for me, and once I do, I won't be selling a book or program for it....Find your own path. Educate yourself, and if that means stepping away from the computer for a bit, so be it....

No comments:

Post a Comment