Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New direction....fitness wise anyway.

About a week ago, I had a clear moment where I decided I was ready to train for my first figure competition. It was really bizarre and truth be told, I wish it would happen more often with other aspects of my life, but hey, I'll take it when I can. I always ran from the idea of doing this type of competition. It's too subjective. It's nothing like Powerlifting, which is black and white, either you make the lifts or you don't. With figure, it's all about looks, and being judged on those looks. For me to take this step is a huge one. For someone who hasn't worn a bathing suit in about 10 years, to go balls out and get on stage is a huge feat. Especially hard when you have been dealing or battling with body dysmorphia. Am I concerned? Yes. Do I feel ready to take this on? Yes. Will it be hard at times? Of course, I'd be lying if I thought this was going to be a breeze...I also know that after losing my sister, it's made me realize we really can't wait on the sidelines to make things happen, to put off the things that frighten us or push us out of our comfort zone. It's time to live my life, and stop being such a pussy....

No comments:

Post a Comment