Monday, April 21, 2014

All it takes is a little perspective....

I have always felt like I lived with a doom and gloom perspective. I would look at a situation and always calculate the things that could possibly go wrong, no matter how strange and out of this world they sounded. I thought that would better prepare me in a situation that was going awry. The truth is, no matter how many scenarios you have set up in your head, when disaster strikes, you still aren't prepared with how to handle it, and strangely enough, non of the scenarios in your head turn out to help you anyway. I am a planner. I like to have things laid out for me, so I know what to get ready for. Time management is important, and I get bothered by those that don't appreciate it. What I have discovered in the past few months is that no matter how many times I picture the way things should or could turn out, I truly have no control over anything, and living in this safety bubble, afraid of what could happen if I venture out of it is no way of living. I have a husband who understands my way of thinking, but also has a way of turning things around for me, to have it look a different way. If I'm not busy with work for a week, I panic, but my husband will point out that it's time I have to let my body recover. Things like that help. When we are the type of person who always looks at the "reality" of a situation, we tend to not let ourselves enjoy the now. So, as I am aging, I wonder, am I happier trying to figure out all the things that could go wrong, or should I venture out and enjoy things more, and if shit happens, I will figure it out then, rather than 8 months before it happens? Well, obviously when it's out in black and white, the latter is the better option....and I wonder why I didn't come to this epiphany 15 years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment