Thursday, September 12, 2013

Taking your own advice....

It's always easier to give advice rather than take it. When we have problems, we really just want them to disappear. As we get older, we realize that's neither an option nor is it reality. As I have been struggling with my fitness goals, I realize how I am sabotaging myself. I keep convincing myself it has to be balls out or nothing, there is no happy medium. The medium is for slackers, for soccer moms, zumba followers and perpetual 5k runners. What I need to realize is something is better than nothing. I also need to realize goals can change. Mine did. Mostly because it was really no longer an option to lift crazy ass heavy weight without serious repercussions. So, how does one shift their way of thinking? How does one realize that it's okay to not have exercise and diet be the ONLY things that you think about? Because to be honest, that's all I have ever really thought about. It's not a vain thing either, it's an insecurity thing, it's a body dysmorphia thing it's a being cut down by your family thing, and it's a thing that needs to be buried. No, I may not have the perky tits of a 22 year old, but I also don't have the mind of one anymore. I need to realize this is for me, not anyone else. I don't have fans to appease, I don't have a modeling contract to worry about, or an audition to slim down for. I have a life. My life. It's one that can be awesome if I let it be, or it can be shitty if I let myself spiral. Why should I care if you can bounce a quarter off my ass? Who am I trying to impress? Nobody but myself, and that's more important. So, my advice to myself, which I am determined to listen to, is this: Enjoy yourself, don't get sucked into the glossy photo shopped pictures, you don't have to be a size 2 in order to be loved and focus on looking good naked, because the only things that are important is you, your husband and your three dogs....fuck the rest.....

No comments:

Post a Comment