Friday, September 6, 2013

Fuck the secret....

Yep...that's the title of this post. The reason? Reality. As much as we would like to believe that we are in control of our own destiny, the reality is, that only goes so far. There comes a time when we just need to accept that we cannot control other people's thoughts, their actions or reactions. I play the "shoulda, woulda coulda game" far too often, and to be honest, all it's done is cause stress. I am finally starting to come around to the idea that that isn't a game I need or want to play anymore. While we are in charge of how we react to situations, and how we can be positive in trying to improve upon them, that's ALL we can do, no matter how many people try to shove books with witty titles down our throats. Reality is, if that actually worked, you know, the power of positive thinking, and turning it into a goldmine, we would be a much wealthier nation. People are going to react and act however they do, I cannot control that. I CAN control whether or not I am going to let that person have any power over me by reacting to them. It's not worth it. What's driving this way of thinking for me? Well, it's the fact that I worry way too much about other people. About whether or not I am the one that has done something wrong, rather than taking a step back and realizing that no, it really isn't me, it is actually you. As a person who is always trying to please others, as the person who is always  self doubting  her own abilities, I am tired of it. I can sit and worry about why someone hasn't called, texted or emailed me back, but what does that really help? How about rather than wasting my time worrying and waiting, I use that time wisely, to do the things I enjoy doing? Life is too short to worry about the stupidity of others, and really, many of those people I worry about getting back to me seem to not given a second thought about me anyway.....so, it is here and now that I am letting go. Letting go of the negative thoughts, self doubt and worry I have for others that seem to have written me off. Too bad for them because really, I am a great person to have in your corner....

No comments:

Post a Comment