Thursday, September 26, 2013

Breaking up with the scale....

I am breaking up with the scale. It clearly does not have the best intentions for me. It does not make me feel like I am a worthy enough person to be around. It does not hug me. It does not buy me things. It judges me, and I am over it. I would never be with a man who does that, why the fuck am I still clinging to that cold piece of metal like my life would end if it went away? It's sick. It's wrong. And, now, it's over. For years I have been reading and hearing how the scale doesn't tell the whole story. And, for those same number of years, apparently I have been wearing ear plugs, or listening in Spanish, or some other language I don't understand. Why is my self worth, my self esteem and my day dependant upon how high or low that number on the scale reads? It's not healthy, and it's almost like being in a prison, and to be honest, orange is not my best color. It's time to really start focusing on how I am feeling, rather than relying on a small sadistic piece of metal to validate me as a person. Who's with me?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment