Monday, September 30, 2013

Answering the "So, what do you and the hubby do for fun?" question.....

It's always funny to see people's reactions when I answer their question "So, what do you and your hubby do for fun?". The truth is, I am not into going to bars, or hanging out as some club or rooftop restaurant. I enjoy training with my hubby, watching movies with him and our three dogs, going to the theater to see plays, and in general, just being together. Most people look at me like I am a martian or they think I have somehow given up on life and have chosen to be home bound and unable to face the world. Truth is, I enjoy my husbands company. I enjoy our conversations. I enjoy his wit and ability to have me look at things a different way. I enjoy the fact that he loves his family, well, the one he lives with, which include our dogs. I love the fact that even if we have the opportunity to stay somewhere overnight, the first thing we think about is how it will affect our dogs, and really, how bad it sucks to wake up in a bed other than your own. Some people may think that's weird. There was a time in my own life I would have thought that as well, but, I finally found "the one", so, I want to enjoy our time together, our family and our mutual love for staying in, snuggling on the couch and not worrying about what outfit's we need to put together to impress people we don't know, in clubs we can't stand drinking drinks that cost too much that were made by a dude that thinks he's a professional mixologist....

No comments:

Post a Comment