Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My time is valuable, don't waste it....

My time is valuable. Wasting it tends to piss me off. It becomes more and more apparent to me as I get older. People that run late on a permanent basis really aggravate me. Setting appointments for a certain time and being late for it is unacceptable. Now, I realize things happen, accidents, traffic essentially shit that's out of our control. But, also, realize that if you are running late for an appointment with me, and I see you walk in with hot coffee from Caribou all that sympathy went out the door, and that's probably the last time you will see me again. You do not know what is going on in my day. You do not know what my schedule is like. You don't know that with running 15 minutes behind all the shit I had planned is now out out the door. As a service provider, I pride myself on running on time. I cushion my schedule to ensure I have enough time to get from one place to the next. I realize my client's time is precious, and I also respect my client's enough to show them that respect by not running late. If I do run behind, my client's are not upset, more surprised or worried and they know there is a good reason for it. I also tend to make up for my rare lateness, which my client's do not expect, but appreciate. Being late shows rudeness. Being late tells other people that their time is more valuable than yours. I got tired of dealing with people like that, so, I don't anymore, the question is, do you think you are worth more?

No comments:

Post a Comment