Saturday, August 10, 2013

Car salespeople...seriously, start listening to your customers....

I am over people that are in constant sales mode. These type of people really just have no "off" switch, no matter how many times I have looked for it. The most prominent place for "sales mode" is the car business. Now, believe me, I get it. I worked retail for over 20 years, so I understand making a sale. Within those 20 plus years though, I also learned how to communicate effectively with my client, so in the end, what I was selling really have a value to them, and they never walked away feeling like they got duped. I recently leased a new car. I have been leasing cars for a while now, so the process isn't new to me. I also usually have a pretty good read on the sales person, and stay away from the ones that make my stomach lurch. A few things to point out, and perhaps some mistakes to NOT make on the sales side of things: Please put a competent person at the front desk. I can tell the one that hates her job, and can't transfer a call to save her life. Don't tell your customer something that clearly isn't true, like how the warranty extends to the full 39 months on a lease, when it doesn't, of course finding this out WHEN you are signing the papers is bullshit as well. When you tell a customer you are going to call them at a certain time, then do just that. Follow up is huge, and I for one take to heart that you are going to do what you say you are. When I do have to call you, yet again after not having my calls returned to begin with, do not act put out, or place the blame on another department. Of course I could go on and on, it is a dealership after all, but, the gist of it is this: Listen to your customer, don't tell them one thing and either do another or not follow through at all, and don't make them feel like they aren't worth your time after you've made the sale, which is the biggest mistake of all, because not only did you lose any future sales from me, but I have no problem lambasting you to ensure you lose future sales elsewhere too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment