Thursday, August 1, 2013

Building good habits and dropping bad ones....

Habits can be either hard to make or hard to break. It usually takes about 3 weeks to form one. During those 3 weeks, it's up to us to decide if it's a habit worth making. I recently started doing some light cardio in the mornings when I wake up. I didn't think I would enjoy it. I didn't think it was something I could really stick with, but after 2 weeks, I am liking the way it gets me going in the morning, the way it starts my day, and I am making a conscious effort to make sure I continue to do it. Is it easier to convince yourself that it's okay to sleep in, that you can always do the cardio later, when you are done with your lifting, but the truth is, I rarely follow through with it then. The same goes for breaking a habit. I am convinced that if you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen. I am also a hard headed Aries, so, really, I'm too stubborn to give up, much of the time. Saying you are going to do something and actually following through with it are two different things. You need to decide if you think you are worth building positive habits, and letting go of the bad ones, nobody can decide that for you. People will try to talk you out of things, like training in the morning or at all really because they themselves lack the discipline you show them you have. The reason you go to bed early, the reason you don't drink like a fish or eat like shit anymore the reason you want to feel good in the morning are completely foreign to people that lack any direction themselves. Never apologize for forming new habits that are positive in your life. Never apologize for cutting out the bad habits that are polluting it either. The people that understand the what and why of what you are doing will support you, the ones that don't? Well, you're better off in the long run without them....mostly because they won't be running with you at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment