Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wanting and expecting things for free....

I admit it, I like a bargain. I cringe at times when I see how much something costs. I do like to receive things for free. I also realize you pay for what you get. If you are expecting high quality clothing from Old navy, think again. If you want something to last, you spend a little but more on it. If you want a great haircut from a professional, you pay for it, and when you want an excellent massage you pay for it, otherwise head over to one of those places that cost less and the quality shows for it. Please, don't expect me or anyone else who has spent time and money on receiving an excellent education to not charge appropriately. I do what I do because I love it. I found my calling and I wake up every day thankful that I am able to do what I do. To expect me to not charge you or to give you a huge discount is a bit of a slap in the face, at least in my opinion. Making me feel guilty for expecting to be paid for what I do is also pretty lame. Everyone who has a job expects to be paid accordingly, why should I be any different? I always find it funny that some people, my parents included (sadly) think that what I do isn't a real job. Well, it is. I work my ass off for every single client I have and am grateful for having. I make sure I listen to what they need, I adjust, and go above and beyond to accommodate. To expect me to be okay that you don't think I am worth the pricing I have established (which is pretty low compared to others in my field) it makes me shake my head, and it also makes me wonder about your priorities. I am into wellness. I am into making people feel better. I am into helping people recover from injuries. I think I am worth more than you think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment