Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tired of so called "experts"....

Anyone else out there tired of "experts" touting what you should do to lose weight, dress slimmer or basically touting anything? I read an article yesterday about a personal trainer that basically exposed how easy it is to do a "transformation" picture in a matter of hours. It kind of pissed me off. I already knew what went into cover shots of fitness magazines, all about photo shopping etc, but, the transformation article really got me. I stopped reading fitness magazines and the like a few years ago, after the articles became less on substance and more on fluff, along with the ridiculous number of ads, it became a waste of my time. I got tired of reading how some celebrity's trainer, and expert in yoga, or barre or weights, had transformed their body. All it ever did was make me question if what I was doing was right, or, would I be better off doing their routine. It got old switching up workouts. It got confusing figuring out who exactly was the "leading expert" in a certain area. So, I stopped. I started doing my own research. I found routines that worked for ME. Ones that I enjoyed and not ones that made me question if this was the latest and greatest. I only wish others were able to ditch the fads as well, then perhaps they may actually start liking their training and themselves again...

No comments:

Post a Comment