Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Random rant for the day....

When did it become accepted for people to shout over others during a discussion? I am all for having a spirited conversation, but honestly, when someone in the group feels the need to shout at everyone else in order to get them to see their side, or to get their opinion across, I am out the door. And really, fighting about whether Brad cheated on Jen with Angelina is really not an interesting topic anyway. We don't talk to each other anymore. We shout. We end our sentences with exclamation points. We glue our eyes to our phones to signal the end of a conversation when it isn't going "our way". We have become a nation of texters. It's annoying. Seemingly, manners have been kicked to the curb. The days of "please and thank you" are long gone. The new way of expectation has taken over, and I don't like it.     I hate to break it to you, but I don't owe you shit. Don't expect me to hold the door open for you while you are heads down on your phone and not planning on doing the same for the person behind you. Walk with your head up, because if I bump into you while it's not, that's on you, and I don't take too kindly to being sworn at because you couldn't be bothered to pay attention. We wonder why or how people can be so stupid while doing something so simple, but yet, if you spend a day just sitting on a bench in any crowded neighborhood, the answers will come flooding to you. As we have embraced the smart phones, we have really become that much more dumb. I weep for the future. Instead of raising kids to become scientists, doctors and anything meaningful, parents are hoping they have the next NBA player or reality star on their hands. And people wonder why I didn't have kids.....

No comments:

Post a Comment