Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Through wasting time in people that don't matter...

I am past the point of wasting time on people that don't matter. Those people will continue to be loud mouthed, egotistical, unintelligent opinionated people no matter how wrong they may be concerning a certain topic, so really, why bother? Certain people seem to think that their way of thinking is the only way of thinking, that their opinion is all that matters, and if you don't agree with them, somehow you must be a tree hugging liberal hippy. It couldn't be that I just have a different opinion, now could it? I like to be challenged in conversations, I like to hear other people's point of views. I don't surround myself with people that are only like minded, what's the point and how do you grow from that? It seems that as people become more polarized though, the tougher it gets finding people that aren't sheep.   Finding new friends as you get older is a challenge. I don't talk with any of the people I was friends with in high school, or most people I either went to college or worked with. It's hard to keep those friendships going when you don't have anything in common. Besides, I would like to think I have grown a bit since age 16. When you change your opinion on something, or your outlook on something it can be scary for your friends, and many of them may not know how to handle the new you, so, they just fade away. It can be a bit hard in the beginning, but, then you realize you haven't really lost anything, and it opens the door for new people to go through. New people that aren't the sheeple you were once surrounded by before....

No comments:

Post a Comment