Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Don't expect not to be criticised.....

I always find it intriguing that people who put their lives out on the Internet expect to be insulated from other people's comments or criticisms. I'm sorry, but there is no filter for the Internet, and certainly not one for the anonymous trolls that roam on it. We all have opinions on any given subject. We all like to have our voices heard. What many don't expect is that when people post something on YouTube or Facebook, for the WORLD to see, you are also going to receive some unwelcome feedback. I think what bothers me the most about that, is when you do post a comment regarding an article or video, either questioning it or disagreeing with it, all of a sudden people come out of the woodwork and launch personal attacks. I'm sorry, but, if you post a video on powerlifting and your lifts are done incorrectly, I'm going to comment on it. If you post a video of yourself falling over drunk, I'm going to question your choices. You may not like it, but, sadly, it's a part of life. Take this blog, if you want to comment on it, go for it. If you don't agree with me, I really don't care, but, I am also not going to waste my time coming after you on a personal level to make you feel like an ass, I have better things to do. The reality is this, if you don't want the world to know what you are up to, don't post the shit on Facebook or make videos of it, because I can guarantee there will always be that ONE person that's waiting in the shadows to disagree with you and comment on it. You can't always be surrounded by people that only agree with your opinions, people that are afraid to question you and always seem to say "YES" whenever asked a question regarding how awesome you are. If that's what you want, keep your shit off the Internet and check your privacy settings on Facebook.....

No comments:

Post a Comment