Sunday, May 5, 2013

Calling out people in the "service" industry....

I am getting a bit tired of dealing with lame ass people in the service industry. If you don't like helping people, then go into a career that doesn't involve them. I have been in the service industry for over 25 years. I started in retail moving into restaurants and onto reception/ administrative, and back and forth.  So, essentially I have a lot of experience in this particular arena. In all of the positions I have held, I have also been a trainer. And, my sister can attest to this part, I am a tough trainer at that. I don't put up with lazy ass people, ones that claim to care about clients/ customers then do the exact opposite. While I am a true believer in customer service, I am also realistic. I realize there are many people out there who are out to scam, that we all have a bad day once in a while, and really, I don't think the customer is always right. But, I can also spot a person that doesn't like their job, can't stand to be serving someone else and wishes they were anywhere but there. These are the piece of shits I am tired of. I have read so many articles lately regarding how shitty customers have been to a server, how poorly they may tip, the poor me stories of how servers and bartenders only make minimum wage, so they rely on tips, the nasty things being written either on a Starbucks coffee cup, or a take out receipt, and I am over it. Yes, there are assholes across the board. Yes, there are lame customers that run your ass off then don't tip accordingly, or are just plain rude. But, there are also the bartenders that are too busy cleaning their bar to get ready to leave they forget they have customers altogether, forgetting that they are there for the customer and not the other way around. Customer service is hard, there is no doubt about it, and over the years, things have definitely changed: customers thinking they deserve everything and anything for free, berating service provers is a hobby for some people, but  service providers also that forget they have a choice to be doing the job they chose, to focus on doing their jobs well, for being grateful for the good customers that keep coming back, because in the end, if you continue with the shitty service, your doors close, then what have you got and who can you blame? Besides, the economy is only a part of why a business goes under, the bigger part is the service and quality of the product. So, stop providing shitty service, and I may actually come back, otherwise, I am sure the next business that takes over the space you vacated might like me a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment