Monday, June 11, 2012

Tired of mediocre unhappy people in the "service" industry...

Well, this will definitely feature a lot of randomness, since it's been forever and a day since I have bothered to blog. Getting pulled, or in all honesty, pulling yourself in different directions will do that to you. Also, in the act of full disclosure, I am not in a pleasant mood, so this will not be a happy rah rah blog either. Sadly, I have tried playing the glad game, but to no avail, I'm still angry, and easily perturbed. Some days I feel like I can truly get past the shortness of manners, and lack of customer service I encounter, then there are times where the shitheads just seem to pile up one after the other, and I really just want to  kick them all...hard. I know I have written about this before, so bare with me, but really, I'm getting tire of mediocre unhappy people justifying being their shitty attitude and behavior towards the outside world, and more specifically, towards me. I can't tell you how many times the past month when we have dined out, how shitty the service was, how lackluster the food tasted and in general how disappointing the experience was. Keep in mind, I have worked in the food industry since I was 15, so it's not like I have never been in their shoes. But really, how hard is it to ask someone if they want another beer, perhaps order more food or to just check in with them? Apparently pretty fucking hard when all you want to do is watch the baseball game that's playing on ALL the fucking t.v's, and ignore the people that are actually keeping them on for you. But it's not just the restaurant experiences that have me miffed. Angie's List. Great concept, and since you pay for the privilege to use the sight, you would expect the people that advertise their business on it would actually WANT the fucking business. Being told" Well, I am bidding on another job in the area, so if I get that, we can squeeze you in, because it's such a small job, one we would lose money on" is NOT something I really want to hear.  Neither is "Well, I'm glad you found someone else because you are a lot further than we really travel to". Again, why the fuck are you advertising work in my area, then upset I might actually want you to come out. It's to chop down a 100 year old oak tree that is monstrous, it's not like I can put it in the back on my prius and drive it to you dip shit. And while I am on the topic of trees, that naturally involves landscaping. My husband and I were interested in doing something with our back yard back in 2007. We contacted a reputable company, had a landscape designer come out, then tell us if we are interested in them putting something together, the cost was $500.00, which would act as a credit when and if we decided to move forward, so we agreed, gave them a check, which was gladly cashed. We received the blueprint of the plan, and were told the cost would run about $30,000. Well gee, don't really have that sitting around, so we held off, and after a few years, decided we really just wanted to put some flowers, mulch perhaps paving etc in the backyard. So, we contacted the company, and were basically told that well, they don't show ANY information regarding the transaction, so we are basically shit out of luck.  What I wonder is how a company can NOT keep records of this kind of thing. We have the check number, date  and the blueprint. We were never given  "credit slip" being told by the landscaper it would be on file. Interesting the landscaper quit a little while after that, even trying to sway us to his new company...soooo tacky...so, it looks like we have a fight brewing on our hands. What bothers me is the fact that WE are the ones that keep calling, leaving messages, and since these people don't want to deal with it, they ignore it, and hope it goes away. Sorry, but $500 is a lot of money, so your gonna have to honor your verbal contract my friend....People that don't deal well with conflict bother me. It's not like I enjoy fighting with people, but I get really tired of people that expect me to go away quietly, and pretend everything is okay. It's not, and I had too many years of being served shit sandwiches and not saying anything about it....No more....It's time people start getting called on their shit, and I for one am not going to apologize for being the first one to do just that....

No comments:

Post a Comment