Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stuck in neutral....

Every day we wake up is a new chance to make things happen, to be either positive or negative and to keep moving forward. I'm not gonna lie, most days before I get out of need it feels like I got hit by a truck, but that's the downside of aging and power lifting. Every day I get up, I think today is the day I am going to get organized, get the house cleaned, take the dogs for a walk, and just have boundless amounts of energy. Then reality hits, and I don't do any of that. Why? It's not like I don't have the time. It's more that I am stuck in neutral, and can't get moving in either direction, although if I am being honest, I tend to move backwards more, it's safer I guess. I keep waiting for this magic light to pop on, and all of a sudden, things are more clear, and less intimidating. That somehow, all the clutter I need to go thru won't be so daunting. That the projects we want to get done with the house will start coming together (although that's more just the financial side of things). Sadly, I would rather spend my time training at the gym, working on clients, and hanging out with my husband and our dogs. We all tend to put off things we don't want to do, but it's time to get things taken care of. I have no problem confronting someone on some issue, but I seem to have a problem with de-cluttering my closet. Am I making excuses? Yes. Does that make me pathetic? Maybe a little. It could also be that I am a bit scared, because if truth be told, this brings to light that I am not as organized as I like to think I am. That my priorities aren't as clear as I think them to be. It's also less fun to scrub the deck, clean the basement and pull the weeds than it is to sit on the deck, on a nice summer day, with the dogs, the hubby, some wine and or beer listening to music....but in order to really enjoy the latter part of that statement, I need to get some shit taken care of.....Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment