Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Look, a new movie...same as the old movie....

I just read about a "new" movie coming out soon, it's called "Dredd". Funny how that sounds a bit familiar....Oh wait, it is. Yet another remake. It amazes me how the movie industry can't seem to understand why attendance is down, why people prefer to stay home and rent rather than wasting $25.00 plus for a "movie experience". They've seen all the movies before! Footloose, Total Recall etc...can we PLEASE get some original ideas rather than going back to the 80's and trying to remake the shitty ones over again? Please tell me the 80's were not the last decade a good thought ever came from! Are movie executives that convinced people really aren't smart enough to know when they are being duped? Well, probably, but that's another blog...For now, please, STOP remaking shit movies and praying that by adding some new piece of meat it will be a hit 20 plus years after the original. As soon as that starts happening, I may want to actually go and have a "movie experience" til then, I will stick with paying $3.99 to rent it, and only if I deem it worthy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment