Thursday, April 5, 2012

Give an inch...get taken a mile

It becomes harder and harder at times to want to do the right thing. People make it difficult at times to believe there is really any good in them, yet I am told constantly there is. I am still waiting to see that. One area of contention for me is parking lots, and how people park there cars, especially huge SUV's. There should be a law, if you can't park it, you can't own one. i drive a smaller car, by choice, and when I park, I try to find corner spots, and park as close to the curb as possible. Apparently this is an open invitation to the dipshit brigade to park as close to me as possible, with your tires still angled, all so you can get a closer spot to the front door at the gym or the grocery store or wherever you are. How hard is it to take an extra step to back out, and pull your car in straight, and perhaps within your own parking space, they put lines there for a reason. Although it seems those are the same people that tend to think the rules don't apply to them, kind of like stop signs. I mean really, if the stop sign is outlined in white, it's optional, right? It baffles me that when you try to do the right thing, like hold a door open for someone, that person in return doesn't hold it for the person behind them, and are in fact trying to beat you to get thru it first. Seriously? Is this how you were brought up? And are these the lessons you are teaching your children? Frightening.....Taking advantage of someone else's kindness is pretty sad, and no amount of confessing at church on Sunday is going to save you from that, once an asshole, always an asshole, at least in my book...But then again, I was brought up with manners, something so lacking these days.....No more giving an inch....

No comments:

Post a Comment