Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Curse of the hour glass shape...

There are days I embrace my curves and others where I curse them. It's hard to have an hour glass shape in the world these days. You have a hard time finding anything to fit, and most of the time, at least in my case, looking ridiculous, or wearing the same things over and over again. Skinny jeans? What are those? Boyfriend cut? Again, not sure what your are talking about. The sad truth is, I wear a size 2 in the waist, and a size 4/6 in the legs. Another shocker, I actually have boobs. Even though gravitity (see what I did there...) is fighting me tooth and nail to pull them closer to mother earth, they do still exist. I almost think I was born in the wrong era, like the 50's were my calling, but then again, I would not have fit the mold with the hubby as the master and me staying at home to cook( what's a stove?) or raise the children (don't have any, don't want any) although the liquid lunches, hmmm, I may have been persuaded. As time marches on, it seems the hour glass shape is not accepted an longer as a body type, unless you are on Mad Men, but even that's a show that I am sure will end at one point. Where are the Jane Russells, the Marilyn Monroes? Bring back the hips and boob chicks, I am feeling a bit lonely out here, and very awkward standing in the Gap looking for jeans that fit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment