Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Supid ones, please get off Facebook....I beg of you!

People's fascination with posting everything and anything on Facebook amazes me. I personally don't have an account, mostly because I am pretty private, but also because I don't want to get sucked into being on that site for hours on end, out of boredom. What I don't understand is why so many people think that they live such interesting lives they need to broadcast everything. Do I honestly give a rats ass how potty training is going? No. Do I care that you can't seem to find your children in the neighborhood, so you need to run out in your pajamas to find them? No, although I do question what the fuck you are doing A: Having kids and B: Why are you not watching them? People don't seem to realize that what they post, or what pictures they put up are then out there for everyone to see, and remember you by, even potential employers. I find it comical when people get upset when they aren't offered a job due to the partying pictures the potential employer saw on your account. Or when they can't seem to post an intelligent word on their feed. How do I know all this? Well, I've known enough people that have gotten sucked into the vortex that is that sight, only to later shake their heads and wonder what the hell they were thinking posting something. In this day and age, I really think people need to take a step back and realize that they are not as important as they think they are, that there isn't a camera crew walking around waiting to offer you your own reality show, and you aren't going to get famous by posting naked pictures of yourself, well, maybe you will on that last one, but it might come back to haunt you if you are applying for a teaching position later on when your "career" takes a dive....Please, keep your stupidity to yourself, your lame pictures off the internet, and perhaps go look after your kids......

No comments:

Post a Comment