Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Placards in the car window.....

As I was driving home from the gym today, I found I was being tailgated by some dude in a Lexus. Not all that surprising, seeing as it was morning, so I can only assume he was running late for something. Anyway, I tend to stay in the right lane, setting my cruise control to about 2 mph above the speed limit. Yes, I am aware that this annoys people, but honestly, you aren't paying for the gas in my car, nor would you be paying for my speeding ticket or higher insurance premiums, so, essentially you can back the fuck up...anyway, he was annoyed with me, so he veered to the other lane, and starts tailgating the next person. This didn't annoy me, what annoyed me was the "baby on board" placard in the side window. Really dude? You expect me to drive all cautious around your car because you have a baby, but yet, you can drive like a douche bag? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. It got me thinking though, about how people say or act one way then do the complete opposite. Kind of like Yoga people, at least many of the ones I've come into contact with. Driving fast in the parking lot, running into the gym, throwing their card at the front desk, pushing people aside to get to a locker, running up to get their mat down, then leaving the same exact way. Isn't the point of yoga to help chill you out? I've seen more calm powerlifters than yoga students, it's funny. I guess my point is, don't drive like an asshole when you expect others to respect your placard in the window, because honestly, all it really makes me want to do is flip you AND your baby the middle finger.....

No comments:

Post a Comment