Friday, December 16, 2011

Stupid= get ahead..Intelligent= stay behind.....

I always wonder how it is the stupid people continue to get by, while the intelligent ones seem to be pushed aside. I think I have my answer: the dumb ones don't question anything, while the smart ones question everything. I always find it funny when interviewing how the Manager wants a "go getter" "brainstormer of ideas" "team leader" and someone who will make things run better or more smoothly, but when it actually comes down to doing those things, you get shut down much of the time. Why? Because it's easier to not rock the boat than try to improve things. If you are someone who is not afraid to question the way something is being done and actually has the audacity (gasp!!) to say it out loud, you may as well start eating lunch alone. Most people don't want things to change. They like punching a clock, doing the minimum to get by and staying under the radar. I am not one of those people, and will never be. What's wrong with introducing ideas that will increase productivity, team morale and profits? What's wrong with thinking outside the box? It seems to have worked well for Subway....Why do I feel I have to dumb myself down in order to fit in? The answer is I shouldn't have to. There has got to be a Company, or an individual out there that is open to new fresh ideas, and I am hoping they start showing up pretty soon, because being surrounded by idiots is getting really old....

No comments:

Post a Comment