Thursday, November 3, 2011

Feeling unwelcome at the gym....

I am starting to feel unwelcome at my gym. I went in yesterday to do my deadlifts, and lo and behold the bumper plates were missing. I asked a trainer I know where they went, and he proceeded to tell me they hid them, because the CEO doesn't want anyone doing "olympic lifting"...hmm.....I then go to use a kettlebell, and find out they are locked up. I am then told they don't want people using them, because they aren't using them correctly....again...hmm...Interesting thing is they have 2 trainers that are powerlifters, and several people, myself included, train for powerlifting meets. And while many people may not understand why I am upset, it's because I wasn't aware we were turning the gym into another Planet Fitness, where lifting heavy is frowned upon, no squats cages can be found, and they serve the members pizza once a month....WTF?! As for the kettlebells, interesting thing about that, is most of the trainers I have seen using them are using them incorrectly, then passing that info on to their clients...so really...shouldn't the trainers be kept away from them as well? I pay the same amount for use of the club as many of the other people, in fact we were just informed our rates were going up next month, not by much, but to have those increased, and then take away the tools that I use and need for my training? That's pretty ass if you ask me....The sad thing is, the gym that catered to powerlifters and bodybuilders just closed, so really, I don't have another option, believe me, I would leave if I could...Perhaps it's time to invest in our own equipment and start stealing clients who want to work out seriously, rather than hanging around a place that caters to zumba followers and skort wearing housewives......

No comments:

Post a Comment