Monday, November 7, 2011

Do the right thing..even when nobody is looking....

It never ceases to surprise me how many people make a conscious effort to NOT do the right thing. A few examples: going thru a red light when they think nobody sees them, eating food from the bins at the grocery store, littering, speeding...you get the idea. Anyway, while I have been guilty of speeding, littering and going thru the red light, those are in the past, and have been for quite some time. You have a choice in life, do the right thing, or not. It shouldn't matter if people aren't looking either. How much of a douche do you think you would be considered if you got caught red handed with your hands in the food bin, essentially stealing? Why is it okay if you think nobody sees it? People should know the difference between right and wrong, yet many of them seem to forget what they are when they are "alone"...Now the other people I don't get are the ones that only do the right thing when people ARE looking. As if to point out, look how awesome I am, I held the door for an old person, or I picked up my towel and put it away after using it at the gym...Seriously? You want an award for that? Those are just common sense, but seeing as how everybody thinks they should be rewarded for doing the basics, it seems pretty pathetic, at least I think so...I think it makes it easier to look yourself in the mirror and KNOW you are doing the right thing on a day to day basis, rather than lying to yourself in the same mirror day after day about how awesome you THINK you are....I got news for you, when you think nobody saw you steal that food, or drop that candy wrapper or fly thru that stop sign, I did see you, an you pretty much became douche number one in my book for the day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment