Saturday, October 8, 2011

You are not as great as you think you are.....

Ever wonder how some people can look in the mirror and tell themselves they really are that great of a person? I think people tend to have a false conception of who they really are. I have worked with many people that really truly believe the company would fall apart if they were to leave (for the record, it didn't). I have worked with many people who's skills were mediocre to below average, yet to hear them tell others they are the best at what they do. Why do they do this? Is it because of their need to always be the best in the room? Now, the flip side of this is that I have also worked with some incredibly intelligent, gifted and talented people, but since they tend to not toot their own horns, nobody really seems to pay that much attention to them. These are the people I want to know, the ones I seek out. But, it seems that these people don't last too long at the job they are in. Why? Well, honestly, I've seen first hand the little green eyed monster destroy their reputation. Sad, because rather than learning from these people that have so much knowledge, it's easier to make them feel inferior, or to talk smack about them behind their backs. I hate to break it to the jealous ones, but someone will ALWAYS have more talent, passion, drive and money than you, so perhaps it's time to stop sharpening the ginsu knives in the kitchen and do some self reflecting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment