Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy life...why do you feel out of reach??

I have a post it note on my monitor that simply states "don't put off your happy life" I see this every day, several times a day actually, but I am starting to wonder what it really means. Does it mean enjoy an extra glass of wine today because tomorrow might never happen? Does it mean screw the establishment, ditch your house and go abroad? Does it mean, put yourself out there, take risks because life is too short not to take a chance on something? I'm not sure, all I do know is that at this very moment I feel like I can't quite get to that happy life, and I am struggling to find a reason for it. Honestly, I have nothing to complain about. I have a wonderful husband who loves me very much, a roof over my head, a job I enjoy and 3 great dogs that are the light of my life. I have food in the fridge, gas in the car and can afford to go shopping once in a while. So what's my fucking problem? The news for starters...I am tired of seeing all the chicken little headlines day after day. The constant fear that is placed in front of me, whether it be job loss headlines, wars continuing to rage or the foreclosures that seem to be piling up. It's the endless stories about CEO's who continue to bonus after laying off thousands of people. It's reading about the politician's who are begging for my vote and trying to convince me they actually give a shit about what's happening in our Country. I've tried to limit myself to the news, but it's hard, and honestly after seeing the same shit day after day, who wouldn't become a bit depressed and wonder if they will ever SEE a happy life......

No comments:

Post a Comment