Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Triggers...and avoiding them...

Sometimes I find myself looking for a fight. I am not proud of this fact, but it's the truth. and actually, if we are being honest, it's not like I am looking to physically hurt someone, but there are days when you are just on edge, and anything and everything can push you over it. One positive thing is that I realize when it's happening, and can take steps to avoid it. It's like when you are stressed or mad, and want nothing more than to drown your misery in a glass of Riesling and some m&m's..after you are on this journey, and realize how hard you have fought to get where you are, you realize it's not worth it, and can take a step back from it..not everyone can do this I realize, but I think it's important for people to realize it can be done...I now avoid stupid people as much as possible. I used to get so frazzled dealing with them, that I realize now they will never change. I don't spend time with people that I don't find will enrich my life. I like learning new things, having intelligent conversations and being challenged, and if you don't bring those things to the table, I won't be joining you. Call me rude, I really don't care. As I have gotten older, I realize I am actually a lot different from so many around me, it's kind of sad. I see people going on with their daily routines, never challenging themselves, whether it be physically, personally, intellectually, spiritually or whatever. I see a lot of "wall-e" in people...and I know I was once just like that...but, now I can walk away from a bag of m&m's and a glass of wine, just as I can walk away from people that aren't worth my time...it can be hard, standing by yourself, but how will you really find out the type of person you are if you don't go out of your comfort zone? This is why I avoid talking about weight, counting calories, and also why I don't comment on someones blog when they brag about only eating a #2 at McDonald's rather than a #1. I don't relate to it, and since I know these are triggers for me, I avoid them....Why get fired up over it? Why not just walk past it on to a brighter topic? Seems pretty simple to me, but then again, it's taken me quite a few years to figure it out....hopefully others can too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment