Thursday, August 18, 2011

I think I'm better than you, and I know it....

I used to think the movie Dodgeball was just hysterical, and now I realize it's more true than I thought. So many things in the movie are similar to the actual gym I belong to, it's frightening. Many of the members really do think they are better than you. Many of the trainers do as well. While my gym doesn't offer tanning, I do know they go elsewhere to have that taken care of, and the end result is I am surrounded by quite a few oompa loompas that really need to realize orange is NOT the new "healthy glow". There are plenty of members that wear really short shorts and skorts. There are many members that wear tight shirts and sleeveless shirts as well. The need to show everyone else up at the place is so high on the priority list of these people it's scary. I can always tell what the latest trend is just by going to the gym. Skorts are in, leggings are out. Neon running shoes=hot, plain asics=not. I hadn't realized that having the latest workout clothing or shoes would make me a better power lifer, or faster runner, how did I miss this? Thank goodness I have the great people at the gym to make me aware of these things...I go to the gym to work out, not to impress anyone, and to be honest, that would be hard to do, since I don't have the latest skort...While I can look at these things, and chuckle, I have to admit I resent others, especially trainers, that think they are better than you. See, you are PAID to work people out, not to check your phone, stare at the television or sit and daydream, while you are with a client. Stop acting like you have more important things to be doing than training your client. Here's a little reality check for you: You don't work for a professional athletic team, and I really don't see anyone beating down your door to do so either, so, how about in the meantime you focus on your JOB, put aside you ego and help your client, you know, the one you think you are so much better than.....Just a thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment