Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hate cleaning, but grew up because of it....

There used to be a time when I loved cleaning. It was weird, because I really don't know many people that enjoy that task, let alone bathrooms, but, that's an area of pride for me, or, at least it used to be. Of course, this was when I lived in apartments, or a rented room in California. Now, I have a house, a big one, and I can't stand cleaning it any longer. I wonder when the shift happened. I can't really place the day or time, but, I do know it's been within the past 6 months or so. Don't get me wrong, I still clean, it just no longer consists of scrubbing the floors every week. To me, cleaning takes away from time I could be spending with my husband and my dogs. Since we really don't entertain much, what's the point of spit shining the toilet? I used to long for the big house, nice furniture etc.....and now I yearn for a small space, little to no furniture and room to breathe, if that makes sense. Sometimes I feel like this space is suffocating me, but, then I remember I am pretty fortunate to have a roof over my head, so I stop feeling sorry for myself. When I realized I hated cleaning the house, it hit me...I have finally grown up. Crazy, right? I no longer care about impressing others with my nice furniture or dusted picture frames. I focus on what's really important to me: my husband and my dogs, and getting to a smaller place where I can start to enjoy cleaning again......

1 comment: