Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Outside the "norm"...

I read a great article last night, taking about being outside the "norm", and it really hit home for me. for the longest time I did everything that i thought was "right", sadly, it may have been, just not for myself. When you start opening your mind to new ideas an possibilities, and search for the knowledge you know is out there, but not necessarily going to be handed to you, it's extremely eye opening, and sadly, that's when you start to fall out of the "norm"....I won't apologize for going to bed early, so I can get up and hit the gym. I won't apologize for becoming vegetarian because it makes you uncomfortable to eat a steak around me. I won't apologize for having to leave a function early and not drinking alcohol because even though the next day is Saturday, it's still a day of training. Many people see the decisions I make as "sacrifices" and think I am crazy, but you know what? I'm determined. Besides, what exactly am I sacrificing? Hang overs, a beer gut, cottage cheese thighs, wasting my weekends away on a couch? Didn't think so.... I decided I didn't want to sit around watching everyone else enjoy their lives, while I sat there wishing I could myself. What's wrong with doing the things I do? Having the focus I have? Why is it considered out of the "norm"? I can only assume it's because the light hasn't gone off in their own little heads....I do what I believe is best for ME, and while many may consider it out of the "norm", I would much rather be happy in my own little sandbox, doing what's right for me, than playing in another one surrounded by people who wish they had the courage to join me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment