Thursday, July 28, 2011

On the "ledge"...

When the seeds of doubt are planted, it really only takes a little push to get them full blown. Lack of sleep has done that for me, and I am hating it right now! I find myself not being able to shut off my brain when I go to bed, and enduring long restless nights and waking up crabby as all hell. How do you combat the self doubt seeds taking root? You find someone you can talk to. Even if after writing down all the things you are stressing about you discover there are other things in the world more important to worry about than whether or not a client will re book with you (I'm a massage therapist, not a prostitute, just for clarification). Anyway, after having this happen to me last night, I found myself on this proverbial "ledge" and needing to be talked down. Who do I reach out to? My husband...Why? Because he' is one of the smartest people I know, and also knows how odd I can be, so he's used to dealing with my heightened weirdness...Anyway, now it's time to figure out how to up root the "doubt seeds"...And since drinking in the middle of the afternoon is not an option, mostly because I have to work, I do believe it's time to do a little reading....and perhaps a long conversation with my dogs, they seem to have the world on a string.....

1 comment: