Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Living life, rather than just walking around in it.....

Why do we sometimes long to go back to the old days? To put in an old cd from your youth? To watch old television shows? Is it to comfort us because we are losing control of what's going on in the present? I wonder this a lot. I sometimes find myself searching for old music I used to listen to in high school, then worry if I am regressing for some weird reason. Am I not happy with where I am today? Am I longing to go back? Then I realize that no, that's not why I listen to old music, it's because I actually like RATT...Why do I like older television shows? Because they weren't reality shows, they had writers and talent....Do I wish I would have changed a few things growing up? I would be lying if I said I didn't, but the things I would change would probably surprise some people...I wouldn't go to College, I wouldn't get my first credit card at age 16 and continue to rack up debt. I would have graduated high school and hopped a plane to Europe. I would have been open to more experiences of other cultures, rather than following the trappings of the "American Dream"....I would have experienced life rather than just living in it....Sadly all it took was about 5 years of opening my eyes up, realizing a few things and of course falling in love with someone who wants the same things....Oh well, who says life can't begin at 40?....

No comments:

Post a Comment