Monday, July 11, 2011

A little shout out to the lame asses.....

This is a shout out to the lame ass people I have come into contact with lately...fuck you....yeah, I said it...I am tired of having to feel like i need to defend myself for saying I power lift. Like I should be bigger, or more ripped, or at least have a penis apparently, because the looks I get when I say it are really starting to piss me off...also, when you are having a conversation with me, look at my face and not my chest, it's really annoying and also very obvious....I am a 5'1" 40 year old 124 pound woman, and I can leg press 325 pounds and deadlift 215, so really, if I get any more "looks" I am going to crush your tiny little head with my thighs, and believe me, you won't be missed...These are the people that are causing me to doubt my abilities, to wonder if I am capable of doing this, and I am tired of it! Why does the powerlifting community still feel like an "old boys club"? Last I looked, zubaz were out, as were mullets, fanny packs and cassette players, but apparently the mentality is still the same...Women don't belong in a "serious" gym, at least that's the feeling I am getting...It's okay for us to be AT the gym, looking pretty with our tits pointed out and climbing the stair machine, but please, leave the heavy lifting to the big guys....the ones with guts, who look like they are going to keel over any minute because for as much as they think they are in great shape, ummm, you're not....Hate to break it to you pal....Anyway, the point I am making is this, when I walk into the gym, please, don't assume I am there for zumba, or to lift 3 pound weights. I am there to sweat, grunt and lift weight that probably equals the size of your ego, so step aside, I don't have time for your small mind or small package in your pants....

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the 'uni-ab' and complete lack of definition. Sure he can bench 500+ but if you look like a beer swilling slob and act like a neanderthal, who gives a shit?

    ReplyDelete