Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Funk buster....

How do you get yourself out of a bad mood, or a funk? I start to wonder if I am bi polar or manic at times, with how emotional I can get over something so trivial, like someone not wiping down a piece of equipment at the gym, but can let the guy who cut me off on the highway roll off my back. Am I the only one? I would like to think I'm not, that because of all the changes in our society it affects us all. It bothers me more that I get bothered by stupid things, when I know deep down, they aren't that big of a deal. I tend to stress myself out more than I need to. I've been like this all my life, how do you change it....Meditation? Tried it, can't sit still that long, hurts my legs. Yoga? Tried it, even became a certified teacher, but got tired of all the pretension that started to surround it, along with all the lululemon outfits. Running? I do sprints, mostly because I tend to get bored, or distracted, which is not a good combo when on a treadmill, or the outdoors....please, don't suggest Zumba, seems like the biggest scam, next to "toning classes"....So, here I am in search of the ultimate funk buster....I am leaning towards strength training, lifting heavy things etc, and it does seem to do the trick, at least for a little while, because honestly, what else can you worry about when you are trying to push 325 pounds? Wow...looks like I figured out my bliss, and all without going to a "Life Coach"......Awesome....

No comments:

Post a Comment