Monday, July 25, 2011

Fear of retaliation...

What does it say when you are sometimes afraid to blog what you are really feeling, for fear of retaliation? In a society that is deemed "free", why do I live in fear of writing the "wrong" thing? A few things scare me, lycra on people that should know better, the word "natural" being used to describe everything under the sun, and the fact our Government seems to have forgotten about "We the people"....I saw an article talking about a Super Congress, that was looking to be formed, one that really would not have to answer to anyone, especially "We the people", and it scared me. I also had it pointed out to me that The Patriot Act was written up pretty quickly following the September 11 attacks, and this is a 1000+ page document, passed thru in cover of night, signed by people that didn't bother to read it...Pardon me, but aren't you supposed to protect "We the people"? Don't you think it would be beneficial, and also part of the job you are being paid to do, to read the damn thing? These are the things that scare me, but also the fact that more people aren't upset about it, but then again, even if you are upset about it, who can you tell? If you protest, you are arrested, even if you just happen to be having a picnic at the park across from the RNC, doing nothing but eating potato salad, apparently anyone can determine you are a threat....Why I ask? Where are our freedoms going? And why can't I question it without being thrown in jail, or awarded 4 AAAA's on my boarding pass? Sadly, you are only as free as they let you be, in this cage they have created for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment