Thursday, July 7, 2011

Celebrating medoicrity....

I can't lie...I am not in a positive state of mind right now, why? Well, because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and then logged into social networking site for weight loss and get even crabbier...I didn't know that was even possible, but here it is....I am so tired of people wanting a cookie or a prize for being mediocre. And not just that, but also wanting a pat on the back because by some miracle of the day, they chose NOT to have the double quarter pounder with cheese meal, and just got the regular cheeseburger with fried meal...Seriously? Then they write a blog about how they can't lose weight, and how "hard this is"...Perhaps stop driving to the fast food restaurant in the first place, or here's a novel concept, get your ass to the gym. I can't lose the weight for you, I can't push that fry away from your mouth, that's all up to you, and I seriously start to question how bad you want to change when you really aren't putting the effort in. Do you think it was easy for me to lose and keep off 30 pounds? No. Do you think there are days I want to say "fuck it" and NOT go to the gym? Yes, there are. But I do it because I have a goal. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one, because doing 5k after 5k while stuffing your face with ho ho's is not a happy existence, no matter how many times you try to convince yourself you are in your "happy weight zone". Why should I coddle you for feeling bad about eating a bag of chips? That's not going to help you. Why should I celebrate your half ass attempts at changing your life? That makes no sense to me. It's like giving every kid who ran a race a blue ribbon...Sorry folks, but in life there are winners and losers. If you are giving rewards to everyone, where's the incentive to push yourself harder? There isn't one, which is why being mediocre is so fucking easy these days....Well, hate to break it to you, but you won't get hugs from me for not going to dairy queen, or working out for 10 minutes in one week, and while I understand we all have a starting point, the ones that seem to be stuck there are the ones I plan on mowing over when I beat their ass to the finish line...move it or lose it my friend, either way, make a choice...because I've already made mine......

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps they are unknowingly taking pride in being the "mediocrest"?

    ReplyDelete