Thursday, July 14, 2011

Birkin bags at the gym?? Who DOES that? Oh wait....

So, I'm at the gym this morning, when I see a woman walk by carrying a Birkin bag, basically an extremely expensive purse I would never spend money on, and I found myself shaking my head and wondering who the fuck brings a Birkin bag to the gym...Well, it seems that miss Kim Kardashian does...Yep, didn't recognize her, until I saw her fiance, Kris Humphries just a few feet behind me...Tells you how much I keep up on the Kardashians...But, it did get me thinking. With the right publicist, makeup and clothes, I too could become famous for doing absolutely nothing! It made me wonder why so many people are that into celebrities, and their lives. Do they have nothing better to do? And when I overhear the women in the locker room talking about Kim, like they are best friends, it kind of scares me a bit. When we read so much about these people, and what they are doing in their lives, or what they are tweeting, how can you blame people for thinking they "know" who you are? A year ago nobody had heard of Kris Humphries, even though he worked out at the same gym as he does today, but yet, you hook up with a celebrity, and suddenly you are news....That's got to mess with your head on some level, don't you think? Personally, I would rather be wealthy, not rich or famous, but wealthy, and obscure....At least that way I wouldn't be judged by whether or not my ass is real, or if my lay up sucks....

No comments:

Post a Comment