Monday, July 18, 2011

6 pack abs or 6 pack doughnuts? Choices....

6 pack abs or 6 pack of doughnuts, these are the choices many people must make. Sad, but true. Even more sad, I was one of those people. I used to be a workout fiend, everyday in the gym, 3 hours, rain or shine. I measured out food, even corn, but also drank like a fish...emotional issues anyone? Anyway, after I met my now husband, I got comfortable, well, we both did to be honest with you, and we both gained quite a bit of weight, and when you are 5'1", 155 pounds does not do a body good. So, we embarked on Aitkins, both losing quite a bit of weight, and even managing to keep it off, but, then, I got a bit lazy again. I had also lost my drive at the gym, I didn't have the anger that had propelled me so many years ago to just keep going, anything so I wouldn't have to think about what was happening in my life. When you don't have that drive, you lose your focus, and start going thru the motions, so, that's what I had been doing up until about 6 months ago, and then I had a purpose. Powerlifting. I started training again, 6 days a week, focusing on eating healthy and pushing myself to the limit. I also started taking a cheat day, which then morphed into a cheat weekend, and I couldn't understand why I was all of a sudden stalling in my progress...Really? Doesn't take a genius to figure out what the problem was, so, instead of having a cheat weekend, we are now tapering it to a cheat meal, and I found myself thinking out loud, do I really want that 6 pack of doughnuts, or do I want 6 pack abs? he answer was obvious, the abs, because for the first time in a long time, I am really seeing my efforts pay off, I am no longer looking for something to cover my naked ass up with when my husband sees me get out of the shower, I am embracing the muscle definition I am seeing in the mirror, and seeing my confidence grow more and more each day, so it's pretty easy for me to shun the doughnuts now, seeing as how I would rather have an ass of steel than buns of goo....When you realize what you want, and how hard you need to work to get it, it does become more rewarding than sitting in front of the television eating a tub of Ben and Jerry's...Trust me....

1 comment: