Thursday, June 23, 2011

The progression of bitterness...

I just returned home after hitting the gym and the grocery store, yes, my life in the fast lane is crazy! Anyway..the gym is a constant reminder to me of how many bitter seeming people there are in the world. You would think that it would be the opposite at a gym, being able to work through a stressful day, blowing off steam what have you, but that's not the case for many of the faces I see on a daily basis at the gym. Day in and day out, doing the same workouts, with the same weights, or cardio equipment, all with this sour look upon their faces. Yes, I work out early in the morning, and I can concede many people are not morning people, but hey, I didn't force you out of bed to come in, did I? While I realize working out for many people is a necessary evil, that's really no excuse to be a total dick at the gym to the others around you. Wipe down your equipment when you just get done sweating on it, re rack your weights when you are done using them, let others work in with you between sets, just don't walk around with your head down, eyes glued to your facebook page on your smart phone and get pissed when YOU walk into someone...Again, not forcing you to be there my friend, so stop being bitter about it and radiating that throughout the place...which brings me to the grocery store...I am in line behind a woman with 6 cartons of milk in her cart, and a very pissed off look on her face. I realize I don't know what's going on in your life, but honestly, is that any reason to be rude to the check out people? Is it really their fault you had to stop there after yoga and pick up milk for your children you seem bitter to have had? No, it's not....so stop acting so put upon..It seems to me the more people I see that have had kids become more and more bitter about the responsibility as they get older. The resentment for having to cart them from activity to activity, not being able to go where and when you want to go, always having to wait for a sitter or the husband to get home so he can "babysit" his own children...Makes me wonder if you don't enjoy being a parent, why do it in the first place? So, I leave you with this...choices are there, you decide which one needs to be made, and no, you can't blame others for the ones you end up not liking later on down the road..Til then, keep your bitter attitude away from me, because I have better things to do than deal with you and your mediocre life you are bitter about choosing to live.....

1 comment:

  1. This is not unlike the lemon face, ass clowns you see wandering about the cube farm pretending to work and hating it. Fucking quit and make room for someone who wants to work. You want to play video games, update facebook, and drink beer for a living? Fine, but don't expect a Mercedes with that fucko. Entitled sheep - baaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete